Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


I am now curious what my mother wanted everytime the second Sunday of May came around. Did she really wish for flowers and chocolates? Something more elaborate? (Alright, maybe chocolates. The woman is addicted to it and can, and will, live off it if given the choice.) I'm sure she appreciated our sincere offers of hugs and kisses, foot massages and breakfasts in bed but did she secretly wish to trade those gifts for something else?
Well, if you ask me, I'd like a day off, thank you very much. But how in the world do you ask for that on Mother's Day of all days? That's the mother of all Hallmark occasions. I should be spending it with the people I mother. That's what I should want, but I'm so mentally tired at the end of the day that my husband's actually caught me sitting on the couch, feet up on the coffee table, TV off. Now, that might have sent off a warning. I'm sure with the way I looked he thought 'She's gone to the dark side.' Well, I might have looked like I wanted a ticket to Prozac city, but on the contrary. It was pure bliss. Silence and idleness. He sounded nervous ,"What the hell are you doing?" to which I answered, "Absolutely nothing."
That's what I want, but I'm a sucker for my daughter's hugs and kisses too, and maybe breakfast, or dinner. Okay, and chocolates. Just like my mother (who's getting chocolates from me this year - again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment